Monday 6 August 2012

My birth story : my first born!

This is the story of the day i gave birth to my girl, Maryam. It is written in the hope that expected moms can get a bit of info on how the process went for me. Of course bearing in mind that it's different for every mom and every birth. Although, seeing that my story is a rather uncomplicated delivery, maybe there are moms out there whos stories are almost the same as mine!

I managed to get transferred back to JB from Putrajaya on the 32nd week of pregnancy. Was told off by my gynae for driving long distance in such advanced stage. But like I said, I had a fairly easy pregnancy, so my guard was down. and thanfully nothing bad happened along the way!

I was kind of hoping that baby would come 2 weeks early, for i was tired of being pregnant and anxious to meet the baby, and anxious to practise my well trained hypnobirth breathing technique hahahhahahaha

The doctor told me on my 38th week that its already save should I give birth anytime now since the baby has fully matured. He said I can pick a date I like and he can induce the delivery. i get the baby early and still get the normal delivery I wanted, on the date that I like. But of course, I said NO. I wanted a natural birth, so natural birth it is. The baby will come when her time comes.

So I went back home and to work and waited. the hospital bag was already in the car, all packed!and truth be told, I only got the bag and everything ready on the 38th week, despite my mom's contant nagging that everything should be done and ready by the 28th week!

so my mom came from Ipoh on Friday, with my youngest brother, Hassan. I took them out to the market for food supplies since we'll be staying in JB for a week after birth.
On saturday, woke up to no signs of delivery, was disappointed. i did not experience any braxton hicks at all throughout pregnancy so I know no contraction means no signs of delivery. So I made nasik goreng for breakfast, wash the dishes.I couldnt sit still. Im afraid I was most active during pregnancy, and lazy for the rest of my life!hahahaha
At 8.30 am, I felt the first ever contractionnnnn! I knew right away it was contraction since I have never felt anything like it before. And besides, saturday was my EDD!
At the time, the gap between the surges (contraction) were about 40 minutes apart. They were consistent, and then became 30 minutes apart. i was so excited. I knew this was it. The thing about hypnobirth practising mothers, i feel, is they are more relax eventhough its their first because hypnobirth explains the way your body works. So you trust your body and its natural ability to birth you baby.
At 3 pm the bloody show came. I was so excited. Showed to husband. He said okay. Even he was relax after all those giving birth lectures I gave him! Since my husband was going to be my birth partner, I have been training him on birth process, my breathing technique and his part in the whole thing.
The surges grew stronger but was not unbearable thanks to breathing technique.
I decided to go to the hospital only after Isya'. So around 9.30 pm off we went to the hospital, not before stopping at McD for a drive through.
By the time we got to Hospital Penawar Pasir Gudang which is a mere 10 minutes drive away, surges were 2-3 minutes apart, but i held my cool hahahahah. I knew if the pain is still bearable, then its still a loooong way to go. And boy was i right.

Got sent straight to the delivery room. I was the only one giving birth that night. How nice. The nurse inserted the poo poo pill and we husband and i went to the loo for business. Then doctor came and said he has to break my water bag. I told him no, no, I want to go natural. He said no can do. Since Im past my EDD, he's worried if the placenta is able to hold on. Like he said it "at 40 weeks,placenta you ni dah tua,kalau orang, dah bejanggut ni.takut unable to supply oxygen well so we must pecahkan the bag, to quicken the birth process"
I gave in. He broke the bag with the hook thing and his first reaction was
"Allah, you tengok air ni color apa"
I got panicky. Turns out baby has pooped. I asked the doctor what color was it, and he showed me.It was only yellowish. I knew if its not green, theres high chance baby pooped because her system has matured, and not due to stress.
The doctor even mention csect at some point, but I refuse "oh no doctor! mahal mahal!"
ahhahahah that's just me, being a cheapo in every situation, dire or not!
husband almost gave in saying lets just csect if we have to.
oh, try cut YOUR belly open yourself! senang la cakap!
and besides I read somewhere that the scare was should the poo(meconium) gets into baby's brain, or lungs, not if swallowed through the mouth (kindly seek REAL medical advise. this is only for sharing purposes)
The doctor gave in and said to monitor her heartbeat and should baby's graph shows any sign of stress at all, then off to the operating table with you!
Hey this is rather lengthy. Lets continue in another entry!see ye!

No comments:

Post a Comment